Understanding the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) for Providers

Eligibility Information

In addition to helping low-income, working families, the Child Care Assistance Program also serves:

  • Families who are receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and participating in education & training in accordance with their Responsibility and Service Plans (RSP);
  • Teen parents seeking a high school degree or its equivalent; and/or
  • Working family (not education/training) whose monthly income does not exceed 185% of the most current Federal Poverty Level for their family size.
  • Families that are not recipients of TANF and that need child care assistance to participate in education and training.

How To Apply:
To apply the parent and child care provider must submit a completed application to West Central Child Care Connection.  Parents who live in Adams, Brown, Calhoun, Cass, Greene , Hancock, Jersey, Pike, or Schuyler County can send completed applications to the address listed below.  Applications may be downloaded using the following link.  (This link works with most search engines, but does not work with Google Chrome.)

                                            Apply using a paper Child Care Application

If you have any questions about eligibility or if you need help completing the application, please call us at 1-800-782-7318 or 217-222-2550.

Payment Options

The Illinois Department of Human Services offers 3 ways to receive payment.  A child care provider can chose to receive a paper check in the mail, have direct deposit to an account they hold, or receive the money on a prepaid Mastercard debit card.

Telephone Billing

The IDHS Child Care Telephone Billing system is an alternative to mailing the Child Care certificate to the local Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) agency at the end of the each month. The Telephone Billing system will help you get your payments quicker.

How it Works:
If you call the IDHS Child Care Telephone Billing system instead of mailing a certificate to your local CCR&R –

  • The information gets into the system faster
  • No mail delays in getting information to the CCR&R
  • The payment information may be entered 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
  • You get immediate confirmation that your payment has been entered

How to get Started?

  • Licensed homes and license-exempt home providers of approved cases may call and request an “IVR Billing Agreement Form”.
  • Mail the completed form to your local CCR&R.
  • Once the IVR Billing Agreement Form is received,  you will be mailed a letter that includes your payment password
  • Keep this number/letter for your records

Calling the System and entering the information:

  • To submit your billing information, dial 1 (800) 787-9316.
  • TTY callers may dial 1 (800) 787-9318 to access the system.
  • The billing system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • You may enter information either by using the phone key pad or by speaking the information
  • If you reply using the phone key pad, you must complete the ENTIRE process the same way
  • If you choose to speak, the system can be accessed in either English or Spanish

For more information on the telephone billing system, view the IDHS website.


The Illinois Department of Human Services pays a daily rate.

  • For care provided less than 5 hours per day, a part-time rate is paid.
  • For care provided from 5 through 12 hours per day, a full day rate is paid.

The rate varies based on your DCFS licensing status and type of program. All nine counties are Group 2 Counties. You may see the current rates at the DHS website by clicking on the Rates sheet.

Child Care Payment Inquiries

The Illinois Department of Human Services has a toll free number that child care providers can use to check if their child care certificate has been entered for payment and approved by IDHS.

This phone number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Follow the voice instructions to enter your social security number (SNN) or Federal Identification Number (FEIN) and the service month of your payment.

Please remember, funding for payments becomes available on the 15th of each month, therefore it may take 20 or more working days for your payment to be received after you submit an accurate and complete child care certificate.

Call 1-800-804-3833

You may also determine the status of a payment by visiting the Comptroller’s Office at www.dhs.illinois.gov


1099 Instructions

An online version of provider 1099 forms are available now.  The paper version of the 1099 will be mailed by January 31st of each year, but if providers wish to print their 1099, they can do so now at:


  • On the home page providers need to go to the Vendor Tab.
  • In the Vendor Tab, click Vendor 1099 Forms.
  • Providers must enter their social security number, or sole proprietor FEIN, along with their name.
  • The next step is to click on the appropriate security image, then click submit.
  • They can then print their 1099.