Current research in science and brain development illustrates a direct correlation between a child’s ability to be successful throughout their school years and throughout their lives and the level of quality engagement that child received as a baby from infancy through the first five years shapes. Children who receive daily support for their physical, cognitive (intellectual), social and emotional development, on a continuous basis, can form a healthy foundation of neural pathways in the brain. These brain connections impact a child’s ability to think, react, process and grow throughout life.
West Central Child Care Connection and the Department of Human Services, with funding from the the Federal Race To The Top Grant, has made making quality a priority. The quality specialist provides opportunities for training, technical assistance and resources to help strengthen the quality of care child care programs offer to the families they serve. The Quality Specialist is your guide as you navigate the Illinois Quality Rating Improvement System. We are your resource for Early Care and Education Issues.
- Rating scale instruction and coaching
- Assessment, screening and curriculum guidance
- Policy, procedure, and contract recommendations
- Resource development
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities
- Observations of the environment
- Documentation review for the Program Administration Scale
- Room arrangement
- Documentation review for Business Administration Scale
- Mentoring and role modeling interactions
- ExceleRate Illinois
- Continuous Quality Improvement Plans
- Introduction to the Family Child Care Rating Scale
- Introduction To Environment Rating Scale
- Family Child Care Taxes and Recordkeeping
- Family Child Care Legal and Insurance Issues
- Family Child Care Contracts and Policies
- Family Child Care Professionalism
Please contact West Central Child Care Connection at 1-800-782-7318 or 217-222-2550 to contact the Quality Specialist, Deana Brink. You can also email her at Deana@wcccc.com.