Mental Health Consultant
The Caregiver Connections Child Care Consultant program is a unique support program aimed at helping child care providers recognize, understand and respond to the social emotional needs of the children, birth through age five, in their care. The Child Care Mental Health Consultant has a background in early childhood and mental health expertise, and is able to support child care providers in their work with children. You are not alone. The Mental Health Consultant understands the stress and worry that providers face when caring for children who are challenged by behavioral, social emotional, physical or learning deficiencies. Support and consultation are offered at no cost in order to provide the best care to every child in your program.
- On Site observation of children
- Consultation about a child or children in your program
- Ideas or strategies to develop social and emotional skills
- Support and training to assist in working with families
- Screening Resources for early detection of developmental differences
- Referrals to family services and specialists
- Identifying and strengthening providers skills in supporting a child’s healthy social emotional development
- Introduction To Screening Tools
- Development of partnerships between providers and parents
- Emotional Issues including stress, ADHD, sensory issues, death, and divorce
- Social issues including biting, developing empathy, and personality types
- Child Development
- Techniques, adaptations and strategies to improve interactions and the environment
Please call West Central Child Care Connection at 1-800-782-7318 or 217-222-2550 to speak to the Mental Health Consultant, Molly Dunn-Steinke.