Infant and Toddler Specialist
West Central Child Care Connection and the Department of Human Services have teamed up to promote quality care for children 0-30 months. The Infant/Toddler Child Care Specialist works toward creating quality child care environments by providing information, training, and technical assistance to any Early Childhood Program within our nine counties. The Infant/Toddler Specialist provides training and technical assistance on infant and toddler related issues to providers, parents and children. Whether you are a provider who has been a caregiver for twenty years or more or are new to the field, the Infant Toddler Specialist can help you with issues relating to our youngest population.
- Rating scale instruction and coaching
- Mentoring opportunities
- Classroom observations
- Role modeling appropriate interactions
- Assistance with making the environment safe, interesting and DAP
- Information on appropriate toys, books, and activities
- Program For Infant Toddler Care
- Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers andTwos
- Illinois Early Learning Guidelines (0-3)
- Infant Toddler Environments
- Relationship building with Infants and Toddlers
- Toys, Books and Activities
Please call West Central Child Care Connection at 1-800-782-7318 or 217-222-2550 to speak to the Infant Toddler Specialist, Sheila Smith. You can also email her at SSmith@wcccc.com.