Child Care Assistance
Effective November 9, 2015, the Department is imposing priority eligibility guidelines to all new Applications. A new Application is defined as a request for child care assistance for a family that has not had eligibility within the last 30 days. To initially qualify for the program after Nov. 9 an applicant must be a:
1) Recipient of Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), or a
2) Teen parent enrolled full-time in elementary or high school or GED classes to obtain a high school degree or its equivalent, or a
3) Family with child(ren) with Special Needs, or a
4) Working family (not education/training) whose monthly income does not exceed 185% of the most current Federal Poverty Level for their family size.
5) Families that are not recipients of TANF and that need child care assistance to participate in education and training.
Once your completed application is submitted, it will be reviewed based on the eligibility factors of the program. Within 10 business days you will receive an Approval or Denial notice, or a request for additional information. If you do not receive notification from us within 10 business days, call our office at the number listed below.
Please keep in mind, if your application is approved you will:
- Have to pay a weekly copay to your provider based on income and family size
- Need to notify West Central Child Care Connection of changes in job, income, childcare provider, or family size
- Be required to complete paperwork to be redetermined at least every six months
To request an application by mail, please contact:
West Central Child Care Connection
510 Maine Ste 610
Quincy, IL 62301
1-800-317-4730 or 217-222-2592
Application may be downloaded from the DHS website, www.dhs.state.il.us
These links work with most search engines, but will not work with Google Chrome.
If you submit your application online, you will receive 2 confirming emails. You must print both and save them as verification of the submission of your application.