First Aid/CPR Reimbursement Program
In partnership with West Central Child Care Connection, the Illinois Department of Human Services is providing funds to assist child care practitioners to achieve First Aid (FA)/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification. Funding is limited and is done on a reimbursement basis.
Funds are available for:
- FA/CPR training that occurs between July 1, 2020 – June 1, 2021.
- Individual costs associated with Pediatric FA/CPR (registration fee, student workbook, certification card). For school age providers, FA/CPR should be specific to the age served.
- Center staff on-site FA/CPR that is arranged by a child care program (registration fee, student workbook, certification card).
- FA/CPR curriculum must be from one of the following approved entities:
· American Heart Association · American Safety & Health Institute(ASHI) · American Red Cross · American Trauma Event Management (ATEM) · Emergency Care and Safety Institute (ECSI) · Edward Atkinson/Emergency Response Health Network · Ellis & Associates, Inc.-Orlando, FL · EMS Safety Services · MEDIC FIRST AID · National Safety Council · Pro-Trainings, LLC · R.H. Sanders & Associates/Titan CPR Associates
- Initial or renewal certification.
- Face to face or Hybrid (blended online/in person) certification training. For hybrid certification trainings there must be at least one in-person session to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to apply CPR correctly and safely.
Note: There is no longer the CCAP enrollment requirement to be eligible to apply!
You can view more information and download an application by clicking here:
To download the required W-9 form, click here: W-9